Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- When you receive an acupuncture treatment, you also get nutritional counseling, lifestyle coaching, and moxibustion to increase the effectiveness.
- We love what we do and are following our vocational calling.
- We are devoted to top quality patient care.
- Your treatment will be tailored to fit your needs. Unlike acupuncturists use the same protocols on all of their patients, we believe that effective treatments must take your unique individual dynamics into account.
- We listen to your story, teach you about your symptom, and explain why and how it can be healed according to Chinese medical principles.
- We’ll make sure you understand your comprehensive diagnosis and can make better decisions about your health going forward.
- You will learn how to live differently—in tune with the seasons and filled with energy.
- Evening and weekend appointments are available.
- We are here for you. Initial appointments last 1.5-2 hours and follow-ups are generally 60 minutes.
- You can talk directly to Ngina and Linda about your needs.
Acupuncture was developed by the Chinese over 5000 years ago. Healers learned that they could stimulate a point on the skin and influence bodily harmony and balance in the lymphatic, circulatory, vascular, and nervous systems. Acupuncture can free your energy and restore balance.
Acupuncture is extremely safe when performed by competent, licensed practitioners. Professional acupuncturists use disposable needles that are discarded after one use.
No, acupuncture generally doesn’t hurt the needles are made of very slender stainless steel (as thin as a strand of hair). Most people don’t even feel the needles going in, or only feel a very small prick. After the needle is in you may feel a tingling sensation, numbness, ache, radiating warmth, or heaviness—sensations that tell you energy is moving. Many people find the treatments to be relaxing and some will even nap. It’s also common to feel more energetic after a treatment and it may last a couple of days.
Each person is unique and treatments vary from person to person. Expect some results within 6-8 visits and overall improvement with your condition after each treatment.
You may notice results after their first visit while others need more time and treatments, it all depends on the severity and chronic nature of the complaint. For example, musculo-skeletal injuries may require more frequent treatments in the beginning.
Ngina and Linda have great success with fertility and reproductive health. Using Chinese medicine alone or in combination with fertility medications and assisted reproductive techniques, they can improve your chance of conception and your gynecological health. (Studies show that acupuncture treatments in conjunction with IVF can improve success rates by 40%.)
Some insurance policies do, contact your insurance company representative to learn what is covered by your policy. We do not bill insurance companies directly. However, we will gladly give you receipts for all of your treatments so that you can submit them to your insurance company for reimbursement. Make sure to let us know if you plan to request reimbursement from your insurance company, so that we can assign the appropriate Diagnostic Codes.
Payment is due when services are rendered. Cash and checks preferred. MasterCard, Visa, and PayPal® payments are processed in the office through PayPal’s secure system.
Cash and check, Visa, MasterCard, and PayPal accepted.
Modern medical wisdom and common sense tell us to take the best from different healing traditions. Our experience of combining Western and Chinese medicine has shown tremendous benefits for patients.
At Arbor Center for Acupuncture we believe in the strengths of Chinese and Western medicines working together and will determine the best treatment options for you. To do that, we need complete information so be sure to tell us if you’re under a Doctor’s care and about any Western medical treatments including all medications, surgeries, or implants.
Benign prostate hypertrophy
Carpal tunnel syndrome
Depressed immune function
Detoxification – drugs, alcohol and nicotine
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Low back pain
Post traumatic stress
Post Surgery Recovery
Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
Urinary tract infections